Waimana Point is situated at secluded Goldsworthy Bay, on the north-eastern side of the Mahurangi Peninsula in the very heart of ‘Matakana Coast Wine Country’ – well-known as a romantic, relaxing getaway spot for honeymooners and holiday-makers.
From our Matakana lodge you’ll experience views over the sparkling waters of Kawau Bay across to Kawau Island in the east, and the Tawharanui Peninsula to the north.
The Matakana Coast area is still a bit of a secret treasure – but steadily gaining recognition for its recreational potential. Many would rank it as a mini Bay of Islands, with the added advantage of its close proximity to Auckland (only one hour’s drive).
From Warkworth take the Sandspit / Algies Bay turn-off on to Sandspit Road.
Travel through Snells Beach and Algies Bay on Mahurangi East Rd.
Waimana Point driveway is 1km past Algies Bay on the left.
Drive to the end of the 1.8km driveway (veer right at the fork).
- 12-15 minutes from Warkworth
- An easy 1 hour drive from Auckland (65km from the Auckland Harbour Bridge)
- 1.5 hours from Auckland International Airport
- 20 minutes from the local airfield
- A helipad is situated on-site
- 30 nautical miles from Auckland
- 2.5 nautical miles to Kawau Island